Blogger Wordpress Gadgets

Monday 8 February 2016

Crochet Heart Hat


Something for the Weekend



I have been reading a few blogs 
in recent weeks that have mentioned 
'weekend projects'

I am currently in the depths 
of a huge crochet blanket for Miss. B.,
and have to confess 
I was growing a tinsey bit 
bored with it.

Never ending granny squares 
can be mind numbing at times.

So I set about a quick and easy project 
to fill in a weekend
and take my mind 
off the blanket for a short time.



I came across the pattern  I used 
via Face book,
I think,
and it was free 
which was a nice little bonus.


It has very sweet little hearts in each coloured row,
so very appropriate for Valentine's day too.

It was a good distraction 
and refreshed my interest 
in the blanket too.

I guess  
a change is as good as a rest,
as the saying goes.

Silver as the main colour,
Pomegranate,
Raspberry,
and Fondant as the contrast.

Unfortunately they do  not have a 
baby pink colour in the range
so I used a bit from 
my odd and bobs box.

It will likely have been a 
baby aran left over from when 
Miss B was a baby.

The pattern was simple to follow 
and I was so pleased with the result.

I bought a fluffy pom pom 
from EBay
for the top,
which Miss. B liked very much.




Fur pom poms seem 
to be very fashionable 
at the moment.

She was happy to model the hat
for me,
 but is slowly starting to be a little more
selective about where and when she wears some things.
 
It is such a lovely feeling 
when they actually like what you make them,
but I must remember
that they will develop their own
senses of taste and style.


It won't stop me making things for them
but I think I will
have to try and
become a little more thicker skinned
about their reactions to them.


Just love this little lady so much


Until next time,
enjoy your day.





No comments: